- You and/or your child will be instructed in a workshop setting, learning candle making, using professional equipment such as wax melters. Use of this equipment is monitored at all times and proper safety methods are taught without fail. Failure by you or your child to follow these instructions may cause harm or injury.
- WOOD & WINE DESIGN CO/COAST CANDLE BAR reserves the right to use photos and videos taken during classes, workshops, and other events used for publicity materials and social media. Registration in classes gives WOOD & WINE DESIGN CO/COAST CANDLE BAR permission to use those images without further consent or compensation.
- Participation in candle making events, workshops, To-Go DIY candle making kits and other events/products is solely at the risk and liability of the individual and/or the parent or legal guardian enrolling the child.
- Due to the potentially dangerous nature of hot wax melters, flammable fragrance oils, & hot wax, it is the responsibility of the registering individual and/or parent or guardian to ensure the individual and/or child is a proper distance from these items with regard to the individual and/or child’s skill level. WOOD & WINE DESIGN CO/COAST CANDLE BAR and its employees cannot accept liability for any injury or damages that you or your child may suffer related to this event or participation in activities sponsored by WOOD & WINE DESIGN CO/COAST CANDLE BAR. This includes but is not limited to slips and falls on the premises, burns or allergic reactions. Every effort will be made by Wood & Wine Design Co and its employees to ensure the safety of you and/or your child while on the premises.
- Candle Care Acknowledgment: For the best scent throw for your new candle, and to prevent tunneling, we suggest letting your candle cure for 10-14 days before the first burn. Burn your candle up to 4 hours at a time & away from other flammable materials. To prevent smoking & soot buildup, keep the candle wick(s) trimmed to 1/4”. Keep the candle out of drafts & away from children & pets. Do not move candle while burning or if wax is hot. Discontinue use when only 1⁄4” of wax remains. If your soy wax candle looks frosty, grainy or shiny over time, it is due to temperature changes as the candle continues to cure over time, but it will not affect the candle’s performance or scent throw. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
I hereby waive, release, and discharge any and all rights and claims against WOOD & WINE DESIGN CO/COAST CANDLE BAR and staff for damages for personal injury, personal property, death or permanent total disability, which I may have or which may hereafter occur as a result of participation at WOOD & WINE DESIGN CO/COAST CANDLE BAR. This waiver is intended to discharge in advance WOOD & WINE DESIGN CO/COAST CANDLE BAR from any and all liability arising out of or in connection with any part of the entireties of WOOD & WINE DESIGN CO/COAST CANDLE BAR. I understand that there are certain risks and hazards involving participation at WOOD & WINE DESIGN CO/COAST CANDLE BAR candle making workshops/To Go kits. Each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of potential injury, which might result not only from their own actions, inactions, or negligence, but the action, inaction, or negligence of others, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further that there may be other risks not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time WOOD & WINE DESIGN CO/COAST CANDLE BAR is not responsible for any accidents or incidents even those involving over consumption of alcohol or burns or slip and falls. Individuals must be 21+ to consume alcohol.
I do hereby waive, release, and discharge any and all rights and claims against WOOD & WINE DESIGN CO/COAST CANDLE BAR, Inc. for damages for personal injury, death, property damage which I may incur as a result of participation. I acknowledge that I have read and that I understand the above provisions in this waiver and consent of liability, and agree to abide by them and sign of my own free will.
I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against WOOD & WINE DESIGN CO/COAST CANDLE BAR, its owners, and class/workshop Sponsor, for any injury or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in the program. I also acknowledge I have read the candle care instructions.